miércoles, 19 de febrero de 2014

Lunchtime madness

Holaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa que pasa. I have been working for a week now, and I love it! Well, I still haven't started working properly, I'm still in the middle of training modules, but tomorrow I'll get my first proper assignment. It will be reviewed by an external Finnish proofreader. And the more I learn, the more interested I get - there's so much going on behind the scenes!

I have never eaten out frequently, mostly because I haven't had money, but here I usually have lunch somewhere. I know I could make something at home and bring it with me to work, but... the kitchen equipment here isn't that good, and I don't have any plastic containers. Also, my days are pretty long, today I left at 9am and got home 12 hours later, and cooking is the last thing on my mind at that point. I got a salad from a nearby supermarket, and I know I will be starving when I wake up, but that's life. The supermarket was about to close when I got there, and I only had time to grab this salad. It's good and cheap though. :)

Grabbed some breakfast from Starbucks, they were playing some music
with Icelandic lyrics. Also, dat name.
I give up on life. -Haggis
We get fresh, organic fruits at work twice a week. Today we got strawberries,
bananas, mandarines, apples, and kiwis.
Yesterday's lunch: rice noodles with chicken and peanuts. All organic. Nom.
Just look at all these colors! <3

Today I finally had some company for lunch; I went to this one restaurant with our Arabian Quality Manager. The lunch menu was interesting; I had soup with pumpkin and carrot, chicken with chocolate sauce and potato purée, and flan.


And of course dropped some chocolate sauce, and of course I was wearing a white dress today. For some special reasons, I can't get close to the table. Or... I can, but then I will also be on the plate. :D Next time I'll get a bib.

No hay comentarios: