lunes, 9 de febrero de 2015

goodbye my liver

When I woke up on Friday morning, I was thinking about enjoying a relaxing weekend at home, on the couch, binge-watching something... well, maybe next weekend.

Should have had more caffeine at work.

After work I met with a Basque friend of mine, who I got to know in our Catalan course. We wanted to find Euskal Etxea, a Basque house, because neither of us had been there. We took the metro to Arc de Triomf (Jaume I would have been a lot better...), but we never actually made it to Euskal Etxea. We found many interesting bars instead, with many interesting people, including a Finnish-Spanish couple who had met in a Czech course. I think it was at around 3am when we finally found Euskal Etxea, but it was already closed... at this point everything gets a bit blurry; we took taxis to different night clubs because we really felt like dancing, and oh boy did we dance.

Stupic gin&tonics made the search more difficult :D

When I woke up on Saturday, I was still drunk, and that continued the whole day. I blame the midday beers and the beers after that. I met some Esperantists in the evening; an Italian friend who I got to know in my first Esperanto meeting in Torricella 9 years ago, and a Vietnamese friend who I first met in the World Congress of Esperanto in Hanoi 2.5 years ago. I also met a new friend, a local Esperantist, and we sat with his friends and had a loud, chaotic, Mecixan pica-pica in Esperanto, Spanish, and Catalan. One of the guys came to me and asked if I was the multilingual girl who was interviewed for El Periódico last June. He was the first one who recognized me!

Nachos with bacon. I could feel my arteries closing up.

Today was a bit more... well, calm. I met with these Esperanto people and few of the local friends, and I had my first calçotada! Basically, you have lots of grilled green onions which you then peel with bare hands and dip in romesco sauce. After that there was grilled meat, potatoes, and white beans, and for dessert we had some crema catalana and ice cream. And cava and red wine and ratafia, local liqueur. I was feeling very happy when I left :D then I met another local Esperantist for some beers, we chatted in Catalan and I'm quite proud of being able to form sentences by myself, even if it takes a while!



Calcotada is serious business, hence our fashion. Picture taken by Flama.
After the battle. Picture taken by Dani with Flama's phone.
Tomorrow is my 1-year anniversary with Barcelona... I can't believe how quickly time flies!

No hay comentarios: